Applied Private Music Instruction for
UGA Students for Academic Credit
YES, I would like to register for private music lessons at UGA for academic credit.
If you would like to register for private lessons NOT for credit, please contact the CMS office at 706-542-2894 or email@example.com for the correct registration procedure.
- All levels accepted—beginners welcome
- All band/orchestra instruments are offered, as well as classical voice, piano, classical guitar
- Jazz/rock instruction is also available on guitar, saxophone, and bass. Woodwind doubling is also offered on flute/clarinet/saxophone. An additional fee of $39.00 applies to jazz/rock/doubling lessons
- Earn UGA Academic Credit (1 hr. per semester) for 13 30-minute private lessons and additional instruction seminars. Courses may be repeated for a maximum of 4 credit hours in each course.
- Instructors are qualified UGA faculty and UGA teaching assistants in music. Jazz/rock lessons are taught by professionals.
- Students will be assigned to a teacher by the Community Music School staff about 1-week before lessons begin each semester.
- Following this assignment, lesson times will be arranged individually to meet your academic schedule.
- You must own, rent, or have access to your own instrument. (Athens-area businesses selling or renting musical instruments)
- Grades are assigned based on lesson attendance, practice time (minimum 3 hrs/week), and progress.
- Practice rooms are available on a limited schedule in the Hodgson School of Music Building; it is best if you have access to your own practice facilities
- Important: remember that we need the card owner's name and address along with credit card information. This must be the name of the person who registered the card, and the address where the bills are received.
- Please note that the funds for these lessons are not covered by the HOPE scholarship.
MUSI 1700 is private music instruction for UGA students in their 1st through 2nd year of undergraduate studies.
MUSI 3700 is private music instruction for UGA students in their 3rd through 5th year of undergraduate studies.
These private music lessons are offered through the UGA Community Music School, which includes a lesson charge of $325 for the semester. You must register in two ways: first by clicking "Yes" above and following the registration steps for the Community Music School (including paying the fee), and second through OASIS for the UGA credit after receiving an email confirmation that you have been cleared to do so.