The Hugh Hodgson School of Music Student Ambassadors represent the most knowledgeable and most passionate students at the School of Music. This select group of outstanding student volunteers work with faculty and staff to educate prospective students and families about the school’s programs, ensembles, and daily life.
The HHSOM ambassadors are the primary student representatives of the School of Music and liaisons to prospective and visiting students and family. Students are selected through an interview process that examines the student’s academic record, participation in School of Music activities, communication and interpersonal abilities, and passion for the school.
Benefits of Being a Student Ambassador
Leadership experience: Ambassadors are the first point of contact for prospective undergraduate music majors and minors at the Hugh Hodgson School of Music. Ambassadors help implement effective recruiting strategies and engage faculty and staff in important discussions regarding recruitment.
Professional development: Students have opportunities to work on their public speaking skills, communication skills, and professional decorum.
Creating connections: Students have the opportunity to work and build relationships with a wide variety of audiences including administrators, educators, faculty, alumni, and prospective students and their families.
Ambassador Duties and Events
- Meet with prospective students and their families to give tours and answer questions
- Allow prospective students to shadow them in rehearsals and/or classes
- Work with prospective faculty members
- Assist at events such as:
- Audition days
- GMEA Alumni Party
- Director’s Circle and Director’s Day
- Information sessions and panels
- Other admission/recruiting events
- Students must be a full-time student and a music major
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Students must be enrolled in the School of Music at least one full year prior to applying
- Completed application form
- 1 letter of recommendation from a faculty member
The UGA Parents Leadership Council Grant
The Franklin College Student Ambassador Program has been recently awarded a grant from the UGA Parents Leadership Council that will help elevate our program and our program's prominence through leadership training, professional development, and alumni engagement for the betterment of the Ambassadors and all they serve. The UGA Parents Leadership Council is a group of highly engaged parents who provide funds to a variety of projects that make a direct and positive impact on student life at the University of Georgia. Read more about the Council.
If you have any questions regarding the HHSOM Student Ambassador program, please email Margaret Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.