Here you'll find info on large ensemble placement auditions for Fall 2021 and links to specific excerpts for those auditions. Info will be updated throughout the fall/winter.
Fall 2021 Ensemble Audition Dates, Times, and Locations*
- Trumpet: Monday, August 16th, 6:00pm-8:30pm, Edge Hall
- Horn: Saturday, August 14th, starting at 9am, Edge Hall
- Euphonium: Sunday, August 15, starting at 4pm, Choral Suite
- Tuba: Sunday, August 15, starting at 4pm, Choral Suite
- Tenor Trombone: Sunday, August 15th, beginning at 1 pm, Choral Suite
- Bass Trombone: Sunday, August 15th, beginning at 1 pm, Choral Suite
- Viola: Tuesday, August 17, 2:00-3:30pm, Choral Suite
- Violas should all prepare Berlioz Roman Carnival, from pickup to 3 after  to 8 after , Mozart Symphony 35 1st page and last movement ms 134-[E]. Those auditioning for the principal seat or the front of the section should also prepare the solo from Ravel Mother Goose Suite Mvt. V trom  through .
- Violin: Tuesday, August 17, 7:30pm, Room 521
Excerpt 1. Tchaikovsky Overture to the Nutcracker. top part. complete page
Excerpt 2. Mozart Symphony No.39 finale, measures 105-139
Excerpt 3. Mozart Symphony No.39 2nd movement. opening 5 lines with NO REPEATS.
- Cello: Tuesday, August 17, 12:45 pm, Room 521
- Double Bass: Tuesday, August 17, 2:00 pm, Room 521