The Bachelor of Arts in Music offers students a versatile liberal arts education within the context of rigorous musical training. The flexible structure of this degree plan fosters intellectual engagement with many disciplines. As such, it is particularly well suited for musically talented students who have additional academic interests and/or desire a flexible career trajectory, making this degree a perfect candidate for those interested in obtaining a double major from our university.
The AB Music curriculum provides a comprehensive academic education with rigorous training in theory, applied instruction, history, and literature, which develops creative and intellectual habits essential for success in careers of all kinds. It encourages the innovative spirit and flexibility needed in a quickly evolving global economy.
While studying a wide range of academic disciplines, AB Music students receive exceptional professional training in musicianship and applied music and are able to participate fully in our acclaimed ensembles.
Applicants are required to audition for admission into this program.
Additional Student Resources
- UGA Bulletin - Outlines AB Music degree and university-wide requirements
- Franklin College Requirements - AB Music students are required to fulfill all Franklin College requirements.
- Sample Degree Plan
- Academic Advising - All AB Music majors, including double majors, are required to meet with a music advisor each semester.
- UGA Student Handbook - Essential information for all UGA students
- DegreeWorks - Our degree audit portal for enrolled students
- Athena - UGA portal for the university-wide application, current course listings, and class registration
- SAGE - Allows students and advisors to schedule appointments
- UGAMail - Official UGA email system
- eLC - UGA online learning management system